Monday, April 04, 2016

"You have cancer"

Those were the words I heard 11 years ago today. After those words no other words were heard. You have cancer.....you have cancer.....you have cancer, were the only words that resonated. Once you hear it you will never Un-hear it. But I'm here to tell you that over these years there were days when I never even gave it a thought.  At least for a period of time and then you hear someone has gotten this news and you hear yours all over again.   When I think about it at one time or another we all deal with cancer. But it may not be in the form of breast or lung or brain cancer. Wikipedia defines cancer as "a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body." But it is also defined as "a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate."  In some way shape or form I believe on some level we all have our cancers to battle. As I look at both definitions I pluck these words out of them....GROWTH. POTENTIAL. OTHER PARTS. PRACTICE. PHENOMENON. PERCEIVED.  DESTRUCTIVE. CONTAIN. Picking apart the definitions of these words I find myself feeling extremely blessed.  To Jack, my love, my rock, my rockstar, thank you for the immeasurable amount of love and support you have shown me always. To everyone else in my orbit and to all who have been there in the past and those yet to come.... I wish you more love bombs (thank you Shannon ;) than you can handle.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home