Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tana Martin est.1966.....Kicking Cancer's ass since 2005

This is my year. I'm 10 years out! I was diagnosed on April 4th, 2005. Who knew how wrapped up in this process I would still be at this point in time. I've moved through the first 3 months of this year expanding my tissue and preparing for implants. Lefty seems to be holding her own since she went through surgery in December, Righty was happy to see her arrive.  It seems now that Righty has become exhausted and has decided that it's time for a break.  A week ago she went from the perky leader of this cause to a deflated slacker.  She's been doing her job for a year and three months and decided she is outta here!!  She has leaked and given up and now it's time to be replaced.  I suppose I can't complain.... and I say that after a lot of bad words, an F bomb or two (or 50) and just a few tears, because Righty has been well behaved for a long time.  I was so close too.  My appointment this past week was to have them both filled.  I was thinking that after that fill I would be just where I want to be in size and was hoping that to be true.  Had I been happy with that fill, my surgeon would have to fill them again 2 times past that to give me the extra space for the implant to fall into place and look natural.  The fill didn't happen because the right expander collapsed first. So the appointment changed to a pre-surgery appointment.  Surgery is coming up on 4/8.  I'm becoming use to the drill as this has not been a smooth process for me.  But I will take it because I'm going to win this game in the end.  My intention is to remain victorious and keep on keepin' on. By 2016 check me out because righty and lefty are going to be spectacular.   

So 2015 brought that, but this happened too.......




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment in your life
sweetie!! Yes, it is a little bit
bad, but wow you have had a GOOD
year - traveling your ass off with
Captain Jack and trips to the Big
Apple and hanging out at The Shark
on The Harbor!! AND another trip
to Jamaica!! All GOOD!!
Have a great Easter!!
Miss You
xoxoxoxo
JD

3/29/2015 3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes indeed sweet Jane. I have a lot of gratitude for all that comes my way...... If it doesn't kill you.... It's funny! That's what Jack would say, haha! The amount of support and love that I have is, and always has been, overwhelmingly awesome! From my home town community to my community here, so much love. I have quite a few trips planned to your neck of the woods and many will include me teaching either at Yoga Home, Lotus Moon or Dallastown.. I'm also in cahoots with Ignite Power Yoga for some fun stuff later this year! Let's catch up on one of these trips..... That is when you're not globetrotting yourself! Love and miss you too!

3/30/2015 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for you

9/12/2015 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home