A new year, a new body.
So it's been 4 months since I posted and I left off at the birth of my girls, Lola and Roxanne! They are doing well and making themselves at home a little bit more every day. These past 2 years have been quite a trip with these two. They only behaved half of the time, we really were at odds with each other on a daily basis. I'll be honest and say that there were some low times throughout this process where I questioned if I was really doing the right thing. I'll continue to be honest and say that I still don't know. For the most part I can easily say....of course I did! In some ways it takes a boat load of worry off of my mind! But on the days where I feel, achy, stiff or even weak I think, good god what on earth did I do all of this for?!?!?! But here's the deal, I don't like shoulda, coulda, woulda kind of thinking. It's not productive. I'm all about making my decision and seeing it through to a place where everything is as it should be. So achy, stiff, tired, weak? Meh. Those things certainly deserve my attention, but not to the point that it blurs my vision of what I want my life to be. I'm grateful daily that my lungs fill with air and I am blessed to still be doing what I love and sharing it with everyone that wants to learn. I am busier than I have ever been teaching Yoga and Aerial Yoga and SUP and Beach Yoga in the summer. And I love the freedom of being a teacher who gets to travel and teach. Owning a yoga studio was a valuable learning experience, I am so happy that was part of my yoga experience. I don't see that as part of my plan now although I've learned to never say never. Right now I am just thrilled to be doing what I'm doing everywhere I can. I am grateful to my community who has supported me personally and comes out to practice in my classes. I continue to be embraced by the yoga studios that I have aligned myself with in my hometown and they welcome me to teach whenever I want to share my gifts there. So I continue to heal and learn how to live in this new body. I'm ready for the day when Lola and Roxanne really feel like they are part of me instead of on top of me, hahaha. It's an unusual sensation that's for sure. Every day is a new day. Every day a fresh new start full of possibilities. This is something life, and for certain Yoga has taught me. You show up and you do your best. There will be setbacks along the way. But you show up again and you do better. That's really all you can do! So show up and enjoy. Wishing you and your loved ones a HEALTHY and HAPPY New Year! Namaste'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home