Viva la Lefty!
We had a wonderful time in Arizona. Family and friends....that's what life is all about. Thanksgiving was peaceful and quiet and it was perfect that way. Unlike last year, I had the time and the energy to think about or even care about the holidays, so we had a tree and decorations this year and it felt good!
Surgery to replace my left expander went without a hitch on 12/3. So I'm nice and balanced and wearing clothing that I shyed away from for an entire year. Now they grow. I was told from the beginning that Dr. Kenna likes the skin to stretch for at least 6 months before considering implants. I'm getting my first "fill" in a few weeks and we'll see how it goes. Everyone's experience is different and I'm in control of mine. I say how often I will have fills and I say when I'm ready to stop and replace the expanders with implants. Life gets busy and I really have no idea at this time when I will undergo my final surgery. In the meantime I'm recovering once again, but this year is nothing like last year. This year is a million times better! Am I sore, tight, sometimes achey, limited in certain movements....yes. But I have been here before. I am still getting used to the feeling of the left expander. Anything I am enduring now is cake compared to what went on last year at this time. I am overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude that I am where I am.
After celebrating New Year's eve and day with great friends, I will be leaving for a week to further my aerial yoga training. Oh and most of you know this from Facebook but just in case you don't, I have finally met my obsession! Yes, I'll admit he is an obsession, but I could be obsessed with something so much worse! I'm a huge Sting fan and have been for over 30 years. He is constantly evolving and creating new work and I love that he has a passion for doing what he loves. I went to see The Last Ship with the original cast as I mentioned in a previous post in October. Sting then joined the cast so of course I had to return! We sat in the second row and it was fantastic, it felt like a whole new show! I highly recommend the trip to Broadway to see it, with or without him in it. But he is easy on the eyes, so him being in it is more fun!
Happy New Year everyone! May the blessings of health, happiness, love and friendship fulfill you in the coming year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home