Nine years
Nine years ago yesterday "it's cancer" were the only two words I heard that day. My first blog post sharing that news was on April 4, 2005. I thought about it at least half a dozen times yesterday but never did get around to posting about it. We all have those memorable dates etched in our lives. Some very happy dates and some not so much. That day proved to be both for me. I was freaked out, scared and what felt like as low as I could be, mixed with the hard to understand concept that it was a happy day. I was reminded it was a happy day by my number one supporter, the Wiseman, Jack. He was the one to remind me I was lucky, because now I knew what I had to do. So he helped me don my battle gear and he put his on too. My battle cry was to kick cancers ass and I did. And still kicking it today, but in a different way. I'm still plugging along trying to find the balance between those highest highs and lowest lows. Aren't we all? Life is beautiful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home