Saturday, February 08, 2014

What's on your grocery list?

A couple of months ago I noticed that Joy was on the grocery list. When I saw it I knew it meant dish washing liquid, but what I thought was......what if Joy was something you could just pick up easily, just put it in your shopping cart and there you have it.... Joy! But just like happiness, joy comes from within and sometimes, it's out of stock. Back ordered. Lately I've been trying to embrace the things that bring me joy more mindfully. Some times, most times, it's the silliest things. Like TOE RINGS! I wear three and they have been on me for something like 17 years. Yes my toes are freakishly dented from them but I love them. I've only had them off for surgery, 9 years ago (yes 9!) when I had my lumpectomy leaving me cancer free, and last Fall going through my more recent surgeries. Even though I have more surgery later this year they are on my toes once again! This brings me joy. So along with the big things that bring me joy and happiness every day, I have toe rings. Oh and I have these awesome little collapsable step stools stashed all over the house. As you know I'm short but I happen to live in what I call a vertical world. I can't reach most things in my house so these stools make me happy. There are so many little things I could list here but I'll stop and give you a second to think of something that brings you joy. So while it would be the bomb to pick up some joy at the store when we're running a little low, it's cool to know that we don't have to! Just take a moment and take a breath......it truly is the little things in life. XO

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw this, Miss Tana! Love the story. Love your toe rings too! What brings me joy? YOU!! xoxo Cindy O.

2/21/2014 7:49 AM  
Blogger Tana said...

Well what a coinkydink Miss Cindy O. I love you!

2/26/2014 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home