Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I've always said that Summer is my favorite time of the year....

....but in truth every day is the best and every season better than the last. I see it that way because I'm well aware that today is all I really have. You know the saying, "tomorrow is promised to no one". "No day but today."
  Last time I posted it was May. I was excited for the summer to come. I reflect on it, and it was wonderful, albeit a little short but that is my usual complaint. What can I say, I like life in flip flops.  Even though I love boots too, I have some really awesome boots! We've had a lot of visits from friends and family this summer and one of the reoccurring questions is "So did you make the right decision to move? Any regrets?" Answer... YES! and NO! Truth is I have  always loved to travel and I have always wanted to live somewhere other than my home town.  Broaden my horizons if you will. When I got married I thought I was going to move but it didn't work out that way. And that was ok, in fact I was glad it turned out that way, it was meant to be and for the best.  Even though the process of moving sucks, I feel like living in a new place has been so beneficial to opening my mind and my personal growth.  Now I'm not afraid to do it and I would do it again and actually hope to! Jack tells me he has noticed a change in me since the beginning of our marriage in that I am all about spontaneity. I'm much more open to going, doing and seeing all on a whim. I used to need more order and planning which of course is needed for some adventures.  But mostly I say bring it on! Let's go!

In the beginning of this blog over 9 years ago I acknowledged the fact that I was not big on change but the forces at work had other plans and over time I started to embrace it. What choice did I have? I learned I didn't have to fear change and that I have choices. We all do! I also never realized how strong I am despite being told that by many. I realize that too is a choice. I've faced some tough choices in the past year in terms of my health and I am still moving through them. I left off recovering from a staph infection that resulted in the removal of my left expander. I've spent this entire year sporting the asymmetrical look haha. At the end of October I will have the expander replaced. I continue to go back to York to follow through with this process. Hopefully by this time next year I will have my implants and that part of my breast cancer story will be in my rear view mirror. I am ready to move this along. I could have done this at the beginning of the summer but I didn't want to be recovering from surgery just when my season was beginning. And speaking of summer, here are some, but not all, of the highlights.  What a great summer it was! ......

Really fun trip to New Orleans with dear friends! New for all of us and great memories were made!


Right after we returned from NOLA, Jack and I went to see Carlos Santana in Atlantic City.  We traveled via the Lewes - Cape May Ferry, which is always a treat.  We spent the night in AC after the show and returned home to enjoy a great weekend as we celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary.



It has been my year for winning VIP tickets! In April it was The Colbert Report, guest appearance by Sting! And again in June I won tickets to Good Morning America's concert series in Central Park.  Afrojack concert, yeah I know...I had no clue either....but there was a guest appearance by Sting! Haha! It was the week of my birthday so of course we made a sign.  We were in the front row and he saw my sign and wished me a happy birthday! I was thrilled! It was well worth all it took to get to NYC on very short notice and get up way before the crack of dawn.  I felt old that day, but very happy!



July brought more visits from friends and a week long visit with my mom.  It has been challenging and heart breaking at times dealing with Mom being in nursing care, but we had a great week with her and I look forward to having her again.

Ended July with a Dave Matthews show in Bristow Va. Another fun time with good friends!

August was spent enjoying more friends and family and beach and boating fun and a really nice visit from Jack's sister Jan! So great to have her and look forward to next time!

I'm busier than ever teaching Yoga, SUP Yoga, Aerial Yoga and private clients.  I feel blessed every day that I get to do what I love and share it! Not only do I get to share these things in the place I now call home, but I've been invited to share what I love with my yogi friends in my home town.  Every couple of months I visit there and teach yoga.  Now I go there and teach aerial yoga as well.  I guess I'm an official traveling yogini and it is so rewarding.  I can't wait to see where my adventures take me next.  Thanks for coming along for the ride! It could be another few months until I post.  I'll update once my surgery is over.  Enjoy your adventures, no day but today!


2 Comments:

Blogger Silvie said...

you are so inspirational, I am so honored to have met you ! <3

9/17/2014 2:37 PM  
Blogger Tana said...

Awww thanks Silvie! The feeling is mutual!

9/18/2014 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home