Thursday, March 13, 2014

Not much is new, but i'm feelng like new.....

Or at least only slightly used. haha.  Just a short time ago I was down for the count.  The staph infection had me lacking energy through most of the month of January. When it came to my asana (physical) yoga practice the thought of doing any kind of arm balance seemed daunting, even the simplest of poses seemed so far away.  But as it is with anything patience prevails and I'm slowly but surely making my way back to the physical stuff.  Beginners mind. Not a bad thing.  The human body is nothing short of amazing.  I'm becoming accustomed to my asymetrical torso.  One flat tire and one boulder as Jack and I like to say. I still have some crazy tightness from scar tissue but even with that I'm proud of myself for how far I've come.  I'm healing emotionally as well.  But I have to admit this is quite a trip! And it's far from over.  If you've been following you know that I had a follow up appoinment with Dr. Kenna on 2/14, but I didn't.  Crazy snowfall in PA kept us from making that trip.  Thank goodness I'm as far as I am with my healing so it really wasn't a huge deal to reschedule.  I will see her next week.  I'm also seeing my breast surgeon Dr. Mudge for the first time in 3 months and I'll be teaching a fantastic group of students and friends in my home town. These are all people that have been down this road with me before and they continue to make the effort to stick with me on this wild ride, and I love them dearly for it! So I took a little 4 minute video from my practice today and here are a few snapshots from it. The first 3 poses being beginner poses that we all practice in some form. They all require flexibility or strength in the area where I am most limited. The last one goes a little bit deeper but you can see for yourself just how far I've come! Thanks for reading....much love to you as Spring is on it's way! PS. Happy Birthday to Jack, my love and my rock, I love you with all of my heart!







 



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You rock Tana!!! You are my inspiration! I'm also back to class and each week I can hold poses longer and do more than the week before. See you next week!

3/13/2014 5:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

So proud of my Yogini. Physically tough mentally tougher.

3/14/2014 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Frances Griffin said...

Thanks for the update - I've been wondering how you are progressing. Things sound good.

3/14/2014 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Flying Yogini said...

big love! So glad you are healing. your strength is so inspiring! <3

3/19/2014 3:28 PM  
Blogger Tana said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Grateful and thankful for you!!

3/21/2014 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home