When appointments turn into disappointments.
I should be preparing for surgery tomorrow, but instead I'm recovering from a hellacious head cold that I've had for 2 weeks. While I have been teaching and going about my business through it, resting and medicating appropriately, I still haven't gotten far enough past it to approach surgery. When your plan changes, change your plans! New surgery date is December 3rd. Almost exactly one year since my original surgery that started this new part of my story. So I have no surgery updates but I have been busy doing my thing. First weekend in October I went to York to teach Yoga to my awesome long time students and some new ones as well! I taught some classes raising money for breast cancer awareness and I taught aerial yoga. Many and grateful thanks to all of those students for your presence, contributions, energy and smiles! That same weekend I met my new twin great nephews and they are little bundles of sweetness!!! I held them for hours. Nothing like holding a brand new little being times two!
I've also just returned from seeing The Last Ship on Broadway with my survivor sister bestie. We have been looking forward to this show for years. Sting brought this musical to Broadway and I said when he did I would be there. And I was. And it was fantastic.
After that it was a girls trip to the mountains with some of my dearest friends. That time is cherished by all of us. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed each other's company and some much needed catching up. The laughter was intoxicating. Thanks girls for another unforgettable trip!
That's the latest. Now I have another month before I try for surgery again. So the appointments start all over. When you deal with disease appointments rule your life and when you get past it all you feel as though you have new found free time. Since I'm not fighting the disease I can work this out at my own pace. I feel like I have some sort of control. Ha! It's an illusion I know, there is no control just the ebb and the flow. How you deal with it makes all the difference. So before surgery comes around again Jack and I get to enjoy a trip to Arizona. In Sedona we will meet up with my high school best friend and her husband and from there we are off to visit family. Another bright spot with this change of plans....I get to enjoy the hot tub for another whole month! So many good things to be thankful for this year, big and small. Enjoy what flows your way!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home