Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fifty five days

Until this morning it had been 55 days since I taught a class. It felt awesome to be back on the teachers mat.  Within the next two weeks I'll be back to my regular teaching schedule. Grateful thanks to my teacher friends for covering my classes for me. I'm still healing and working on my own practice with my limitations but teaching and practicing are two different things. It brings me great joy to be in class, teaching what I love, I feel really blessed.  Some things feel really good as I practice and some not so much. My beloved downward dog is not quite there for me....yet.  Some of you have told me that you think of me every time you practice that pose, keep it up, I will join you before too long. I'm scarred, lopsided, tight and achey but in the midst of all of that I feel whole. I feel that way because my yoga practice reminds me to listen and be guided by my inner teacher. I can do anything I want with practice, patience and love. I feel whole because I am loved and supported by my husband, family, friends and students. I don't need or want much.  I already have it all.
I have another follow up with Dr. Kenna, the plastic surgeon on 2/14. I'm expecting it to go well. In the meantime I will continue to practice, teach, heal and move forward. I'll check in when I have thoughts to share and updates. As always I thank you for your thoughts, emails, Facebook messages, cards, gifts and visits. It means more than you know. ❤️

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

💖

1/28/2014 4:21 PM  
Blogger Silvie said...

This makes me smile, you are a inspiration to us all....... I had a hard year and a miserable winter but all I do is think about your strength and how this makes what I think I'm going through nothing.
Thanks Tana
Love Ya !
Silvie

1/29/2014 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Maggie said...

Tana, I'm so happy to hear you are back teaching. I missed last Wednesday (2/5) and now wish I hadn't. I have been missing you in that class. But I will certainly be looking forward to having to lead us through another great Tana class!!! But as you said in your post, it was so wonderful to have your fellow instructors filling your spot while they kept us all in good shape for your return!! We are also grateful to them as we love our yoga classes - all of them! Much love and hugs. Maggie

2/06/2014 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home