Let's Dance
If you read my last post on 12/17 you can see I was a bit antsy, to put it mildly, to move forward with my healing and get home. Not long after my post Dr. Kenna's office called and asked me to come in, there was some miscommunication and they were indeed prepared to take out my drains. I was thrilled! We went to the appointment and Jack mentioned some redness he was seeing on my left breast that had just appeared the day before. Rather than go through every emotional, harrowing detail, I landed back in the hospital with a staph infection on my left expander and the decision was made between me, and my Doctors (an infectious disease Doc was now involved) to remove it. I was so sick, so fast. This was not part of my plan. I was admitted in the early hours of the morning on 12/18 and was there until discharged on Monday 12/23. Before I left they put a picc line in me and prescribed 2 weeks of IV antibiotics 3 times a day. Jack has been my nurse, my chef ,which is nothing new, and doing pretty much everything I could need or want. My furry little loves Jet and Carlos pick up the cuddling duties when Jack is busy doing everything else. Since I got home in time for Christmas I was able to spend a quiet holiday with my 3 boys. That's all I wanted. The healing has picked up the pace just because of that, I know it. So I've been dancing..... Cha cha-ing as Jack would say. A few steps forward, and few steps back. I'm ready to change the tune however. I finish my antibiotics on Thursday and head back to York that day for a follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon, Dr. Kenna. I hope to have my picc line out on Friday and return home to keep healing. I will attempt the left side expander again at the appropriate time. That will be, at the very least, 6 months from now. So a lopsided spring and summer to come. What a great way to strengthen my balancing poses. I intend to listen to what my body tells me in terms of when I will go back to teaching. I'm thinking by the end of January, we'll see what kind of dancing I do. THANK YOU is just not big enough to convey my gratitude and appreciation. From the food prepared and delivered and comforts loaned (things like recliners and drain accessories) to dogs being kept and bathed and walked. To hospital visits and support for both Jack and myself while I was in there. We have had so much loving kindness that I feel I could never repay. The only way I know how to show my appreciation is to be the very best person I can be in every situation. As a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and any other role I find myself in as I keep on dancing. A blessed new year full of love and good health to you. Until next time.

3 Comments:
You deserve the world. When people love there is no repaying needed! Our love and friendship to the four of you! Xxxooo Love-The Kerns's
Tana, you have been through it!!! So disappointing to have a setback like that, but you are such a trooper, and seem to be overcoming yet another hurdle! As your friend said, there is no need to repay the concern we all have for you. It's what friends and loved ones do, without seeking any kind of repayment. "Repayment" for me comes in the form of your posts at your blog to hear about how you are doing. So that's enough for me. We all miss you at yoga, and think of you often. I shall dedicate my afternoon yoga class to you today! Happy that you got to spend Christmas quietly at home - that's very nice. Wishing only the best for you and your family for the New Year! Love and Namaste - Maggie
❤️ To you Kerns family! And Maggie you are so sweet and thoughtful, I miss you and please tell all at class I miss them too and can't wait to practice together when the time is right! XO Hugs....
Post a Comment
<< Home