Saturday, January 11, 2014

The long road gets shorter each day

Thank you Alyce for the title of this post. I foresee this road being a long one, but you reminded me that each day it's a little shorter. Thanks to all of you who are sending me love and wishing me patience. I do feel better each day, but I still feel far from myself. The lack of energy is down right annoying. If I do have a day where I feel like I can get out of the house or go all day without a nap, I pay the next day and sleep forever. So it's a slow dance for me now, a waltz maybe? I'm definitely not up for Zumba quite yet.
So I had my follow up with Dr. Kenna and I'm off the IV, I had my picc line taken out on Friday of last week as planned.  I was then put on oral antibiotics which I am still on until this coming Thursday when I see Dr. Kenna again. My IV antibiotic was vancomycin and my oral is doxycycline...... I make note of those drugs for my own reference. (when I am questioned about them and need to look back.) So we'll see what comes from my next check up and see if we can lay out a new plan. I had a whole timeline for this when it all began. My oophorectomy back in November being the beginning of it all and starting me off on right on track. The mastectomy/reconstruction seemingly following suit. Until it didn't. Until the infection. Until the set back. Until screwing up my carefully thought out plan. The earliest I could consider replacing my left expander is right about the beginning of summer. Seeing as how I wait for summer to come from the minute it ends I just can't see myself recovering again through the summer. By then I hope to be moving in my body the way I'd like to, or close, and enjoying all the physical fun that comes along with summer.  So my thoughts are to wait until summers end to replace it. Then recover once again. I'll have to wait at least 6 months again before implants can be considered so I'm looking at next year before it's all said and done.  So slow and steady wins the race comes to mind. I am gradually moving and stretching more and intend to get into a gentle yoga class this coming week. Before too long I will teach again and things will start to move just a little faster. Maybe not Zumba speed but possibly a salsa... or maybe just a hustle? Grapevine? Hahaha.. I don't know but the answers will come as soon as they are clear. So I keep moving forward placing one foot in front of the other. Thanks for sticking with me ❤️

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Good job Dear. I can tell you are feeling better, even the energy.

1/11/2014 3:03 PM  
Blogger Tana said...

Because you're holding my hand dear ❤️

1/12/2014 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Frances said...

Slow and easy works. Keep up the healing.

1/17/2014 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home