Yo Santa!
I don't care what color your skin is, if your beard is long or short, or what you smoke in your pipe but ahem.....I'm still waiting to get these drains out. We had hopes for Monday but knew that might be pushing it. Today I was certain they would be ready to be pulled at my 10 am appointment. Nope not quite. Well one is definitely ready but, lefty that rebel side of me, is not. I'm told this is a painful deal so I don't see any reason to do it twice. Now I find out the next chance I have is Thursday morning. So Santa, we could get this done Thursday and you still have plenty of time to pack up the sleigh before Christmas Eve. I stayed in town after surgery which was 2 weeks ago. I knew I had follow up appointments so it seemed best to hang around for them and just in case anything went wrong. We just had no idea the drains would be the hold up. I have been out of the room which feels good for about 20 minutes and then I'm exhausted and ready to hit the recliner once again. York, are you serious with this traffic? It's getting more out of hand every trip. I miss people, I do not miss York. Jack continues to be my biggest supporter and when I burst into tears this morning at the realization we are not leaving today he reminded me of how awesome I am doing and I am. I am still overwhelmed grateful and moved by the blanket of love that surrounds me in the form of family, friends and the kindest of gestures from near and far. My awesome team of doctors and even the compassion of the hotel staff. So when I get messages that ask "how are you doing?" My answer is, "bat shit crazy!" This is the "I want to curl up in a ball and not be an inspiration" shadow side trying to push through but really my light is bigger than my shadow and my light has me thanking God gratefully for filling my lungs with air every day. Knowing that there are so many people that have it so much worse in so many ways. Especially at this time of the year. So stay off the roads if you can, but do buy that lottery ticket. 😉

5 Comments:
Soon, Tana! Soon. Soon it will be better and the memory of the awfulness of now will fade. I hope Thursday is the day for you! Hopefully by Christmas Day you will have settled into a new comfort level. I dedicate each of my yoga sessions to you and thank my yoga stars that you are one my instructors, and I hope we even call each other friend some day! Take care sweetie! Hang in there!
Thanks Maggie! I have some excellent news to add to my blog but I'm running out of time to do it now so I hope to do it later this evening. Thank you for the kind words! I miss you and I'm honored you are dedicating your practice to me! You are too sweet. I wish you a holiday filled with love and laughter. See you soon!!
Good to hear from you even if you feel as tho you're living in Ground Hogs Day, lol. This too shall pass my dear..... hang in there... it WILL be better soon! Anxious to hear the good news.... Jeannie
Tana,
Gale and I have been thinking about you. Hope your recovery continues to go well. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year! Paulette
Geeze I am so behind in updating my blog. Like jack says I've been doing the cha cha around here. Two steps forward one step back. Headed in the right direction now. I'm planning on updating tomorrow. Thanks for the love!
Post a Comment
<< Home