Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And then there were none.......

I woke up today minus two ovaries and no worse for the wear.  I'm sore and tending to my incisions but not in any severe pain. A little sorer than yesterday but no Percocet needed so far, just some jumbo Motrin and couch ridin'. Some of you reading this have been through this too so you either know how I feel or it's been so long ago you have no recollection of how it felt. I'll tell you what really sucked....the preparation for the surgery.  Drinking a gallon of stuff that is supposed to clean you out, but before it does that it gives you some killer cramping that doubles you over accompanied by some moaning and praying for relief, yeah that was fun.  I couldn't wait to get under anesthesia after that episode.  I have the most awesome husband ever who takes care of me every day and has done so for many years, but has stepped it up for this occasion.  There has been food prepared and delivered with love from wonderful friends and cards and flowers received. I'm going to be fine and have every intention of teaching next week and the week after before the bigger more complicated surgery comes along on 12/4.  That is one that many of you reading this may not have experience with and thank God for that, I hope it stays that way.  So please know that I am well taken care of and on the mend. Keep your thoughts, prayers, love and good energy coming, it is not in vain, because I feel it all. Thank you so very much for being part of my life. 

8 Comments:

Anonymous Maggie said...

So happy your doing well! Excited to see you back as soon as you are ready!

11/12/2013 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Jack Martin (aka most awesome huspand) said...

I have the smartest, most awesome wife ever. She knows if she says something nice, I'll even cook dinner tonight.

11/12/2013 11:53 AM  
Blogger Silvie said...

Just letting you know that I'm thinking about you ! Love you girl, you are one strong cookie !

11/12/2013 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're doing ok! Miss you! Barb

11/12/2013 2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending positive vibes your way Tana.

11/12/2013 4:10 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

I've been thinking of you daily, Tana, and am so glad that this part of the process is over and done. The next surgery may be more involved, but you will do just fine with that one too. You are amazing in so many ways and an inspiration to so many people. Love you!!!

11/13/2013 6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am so glad that you are doing well and that this first leg of your intense journey is over. You are so brave! See you soon! jeannie

11/13/2013 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Pat and Ken said...

Thinking of you and sending healing prayers your way. Love to you from us!

11/13/2013 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home