One step closer....
In preparation for my oophorectomy on 11/11 my gynecologist wanted an EKG, a pelvic ultrasound and of course blood work. I have 2 out of three accomplished. I will take care of the blood work on Monday and on Wednesday I'm flying south for Yoga Journal Conference! I am so ready to get lost in all things yoga and visit with my long time best High School friend Karah! I will also be seeing David my good friend and former business partner, I can't wait! Not only will we enjoy a beautiful beachfront hotel but we will study and practice with awesome teachers who have so much knowledge to offer. Along with that we will enjoy a few concerts. On Halloween night we will dance to Michael Franti! We will also be seeing one of Karah's favorites, JJ Grey and Mofro. So in more ways than one this will be a fun and very fulfilling trip!
Upon my return I make a quick trip to York to do some pre-surgery stuff in preparation for my bilateral mastectomy which is scheduled for 12/4. Reconstruction will also begin at that time. I will be having what they call nipple sparing reconstruction. There will be an incision from the armpit area strait toward the nipple on the side of my breasts. Dr. Mudge will go in and remove the breast tissue and then Dr. Kenna, my plastic surgeon, will come right behind her and go through the same incision to place the expanders. It is yet to be determined how long I will be expanded but she did tell me that she likes to take the expansion process slowly. I am all for that as the slower we go the better chance I have for my skin to be expanded in a healthy way. When the time comes she will go through the same incisions to take out the expanders and place the implants. So if all goes well I will have minimal scarring, as much as possible I will have breasts that look like they do right now, and will once again move on to live my beautiful, fantastic, loved filled, truly blessed life! Thanks for taking this ride with me. More to come, stay tuned! XO

5 Comments:
Love and positive vibes every step of the way <3
Thank you Kim! I feel all that you send and I'm so grateful for you! XO
Tana, I was not aware this was a current situation. You are such a positive person, I know it will go well and healing will be swift and no matter what, you will remain beautiful! My thoughts and prayers are with you. :)
Laura
Dear Tana,
Hugs and prayers for you. May the good Lord place his healing hands on you and guide the hands of your doctors so you have a successful outcome.
Ted Schaefer
Keep up the positively. You are an inspiration! LOVE YOU,Chad and Jude
Post a Comment
<< Home