Moving right along......
Ok so it's taken some time to sort out my appointments. There have a been a few changes since my last post. They actually did see a spot on my MRI on my right side. It's located up high near my collarbone and while it is not presenting as cancer, they would like to identify it for the future. Tomorrow I will be in York to have a titanium clip placed by MRI guidance to identify the spot. Friday I will have a consultation with the plastic surgeon to discuss options for reconstruction. I'm not sure at this time what all is available to me, there are so many options, so much progress and new technology. After that consultation I hope to have a clearer picture of the route I want to take in terms of reconstruction. No, I'm not going for Double D's, I'm perfectly happy with my little B's. I've got lots of yoga to do, lots of inverting, twisting, flying in my aerial hammock, paddle boarding, arm balancing, head standing... I've got no time for bigger girls getting in my way. Once I've had that consultation, I can set a surgery date. My breast surgeon and plastic surgeon need to coordinate schedules as the plastic surgeon immediately follows the breast surgeon. Yes, it's all going down at the same time. I have now decided that if at all possible I would like to get this all accomplished before the years end. Starting off the new year fresh. I have a consultation with my gynecologist next week. At that time we will discuss my oophorectomy. I have a date set for that surgery which is 11/11. It will be laparoscopic and it is my understanding that the recovering should be fairly easy. I am in good health. I am not fighting cancer, taking chemo and radiation, so I'm already ahead of the game. I will just need to heal. And heal I will, so I can get back to all of my favorite things. My yoga practice saw me through cancer and it will see me through this too. Not just the physical practice but all aspects of it. I will do what I do with fresh eyes once again and have no doubts I'm coming back even stronger than ever. These experiences are my teacher which I hope makes me a better teacher, wife, family member and friend. Thanks so much for your love, it's means the world to me. It is also a very important part of my recovery and my life. ~Namaste~

2 Comments:
Good Luck today Tana. I have been thinking of you so much. I admire your courage and strength, you will persevere, you always do...it's who you are. Love you very much!! Can't wait to see you soon!!
Terri, you are the dearest friend. I love you very much too!
Post a Comment
<< Home