Woo Hoo!!! Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Well, I guess I don't have to tell you what I am so happy about. I just returned from my last treatment! When I walked outside to this beautiful day, my eyes welled up with tears but they were tears of pure joy! I'm ecstatic, relieved, overjoyed and even at a loss for just the right words. I just can't believe that chemo is finally over, but it is and I'm ready to take the next step in my recovery. I will continue to have blood work every 2 weeks until my red blood count goes back up to normal. It is already going up so it shouldn't be long. I get the shot of Aranesp to help with that, the Doc thinks maybe 2 or 3 more shots should do it.
September 21st I have a consultation for Radiation therapy and I have a mammogram scheduled for early October. Dr. T says that I can have my port taken out at my convenience but suggests leaving it in for another 2 months because of the bloodwork. So appointments with my surgeon and oncologist will become fewer and fewer at this point. It's on to radiation after I celebrate my end to chemotherapy and celebrate I will! Thanks for your love and support. There is no way I could have come through this so well if it wasn't for you. Cheers to you ! And cheers to me being cancer free! I'll update you on radiation when the time comes. In the meantime, go outside, enjoy, life is good!

4 Comments:
congratulations on your last chemotreatment! It's wonderful to sense your enthusiasm and strong will! You look fantastic in your most recent picture! ..just wanted to let you know I think of you often...Love Nicole
Tana Girl, Feeling your Love in your words!! So happy the Chemo
is history. And on such a beautiful day. Can't wait to see you on the 17th.
Huge Hugs,
Pam,John and Emma
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a major milestone in your recovery... it's amazing to feel the pure joy emminating from your last entry... know that in our hearts we are all celebrating with you...
Again, congratulations on closing that chapter...
Love Amy
Tana - Just read your celebration news!!! I had you in my thoughts (not that I don't every day at some point in time) last Thursday!! What a milestone. You're right - it is time to celebrate life! You look beautiful and so do the roses!! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. What a spring and summer you've been through. Fall is my favorite season - and we can look forward to this one with great joy. Love to you and that handsome husband :-) jan (& jerry)
Post a Comment
<< Home