Friday, July 01, 2005

chemo #3 Done!

Yesterday after teaching my morning class, I had chemo #3 and it went as smoothly as the others. In fact, as soon as I was finished I packed up the car and my trusty dog Joe, and headed to the beach. I made the 3 hour drive no problem and met up with Jack and a great group of family members that traveled all the way from Ohio and Michigan to visit us. I was tired but that happens after driving even without chemo. I'm still happy to report that I haven't experienced any nausea and I am so grateful. I am sensitive to certain foods, what I feel is a mild burning sensation in my throat, but nothing I can't live with. I'm using products to help with it. Today I will self inject the Neulasta to boost my white blood cells and anxiously await chemo #4, the half way point! So my noticeable side effects so far are the obvious hair loss, an occasional unusual sensation in my throat and a little fatigue (which will likely increase over treatment), I'm doing just fine. I know that I don't always write between treatments, but if I don't, please don't worry. You can assume that I am doing well, living and loving life! Any big changes, I'll let you know. Thank you for your continued love, support, prayers and thoughts. I hold them very close to my heart and this is no doubt why I continue to do well. Thank you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH - Soooo happy you are doing
well and enjoying time at the beach. Sorry I missed your yoga
birthday party!! The cruise was
real cool and I'll fill you in
when I next see you....LOVED the
mohawk!!! God Bless - xxoo - jd

7/05/2005 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tana,

You are a real inspiration! Keep doing well, thinking of you.

Merle

7/07/2005 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking on you. Glad to hear things are so well. Keep enjoying the beautiful summer!!!!
Love to you and Jack,
Pam

7/12/2005 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tna,
The mohawk was great!!!! What an inspiration. Glad you and Jack are doing well.
Kelly G.

7/13/2005 2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tana,
Yes, I can spell your name. Have a great day.
Again, Kelly

7/13/2005 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home