Friday, July 15, 2005

Half way there!

I was in to see the doctor this week. On my last visit he told me that my red blood cells and hemoglobin count was going down and when it got down to a certain level I would need another kind of shot to boost it. This is not unusual when you go through chemotherapy, all of your blood counts go down. They gave me the first shot while I was there. The shot, called Aranesp, can help you regain the energy you may have lost due to chemo-therapy related anemia. It works by helping bone marrow produce red blood cells. Hemoglobin is the part of your blood that carries oxygen to your body. My white blood cells continue to be boosted by the Nuelasta which I will give my self today. I will also give my self the Aranesp. That will be given appoximately every two weeks as needed.
So yesterday I had chemo# 4 which officically puts me half way through chemotherapy! I'm getting there. I am noticing more fatigue but have still been fortunate enough not to suffer from nausea. I'm more than happy about that. Again, it is your constant good wishes, thoughts and prayers that keep me going strong. I'll check in with any new developments between now and my next treatment on the 28th if there are any. Next time it's a new drug. Keep the prayers coming that I handle it well as I've handled the others. Thanks for checking in.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tana,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you since you started your chemo treatments. I have a card here for you that has been laying on my kitchen counter for over a month because I didn't know your address . How bad is that! Know that I am praying for you and your family that you will get through this chemo with flying colors and will be cleared of this cancer completely. Your pictures and your positive attitude are unbelievable! You are awesome, Tana! And I wish you the best of luck in your remaining treatments that you stay nausea free!
Take care and keep your head up!
You're doing great!

Shelly (Rumsey) Kuzmiak

7/15/2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tana,
You are so awesome! You should publish your "blogspot". I think of you so often and pray and pray & pray. Keep that positive attitude girl and you know you have so many people out there who love you and continue to pray for you!!! I love the photos too.
Love ya! Tara

7/15/2005 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers are being answered!!
That is sooo great!!!! Glad
your "red devil" didn't get
to you - obviously that is b/c
you are an "exhaulted warrior"
Rest up so you can work our butts
off on Tuesday - God Bless
xxooo - jd

7/16/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger riskybiz said...

Found your blog by chance.
Good luck!
A guy I play hockey with showed up through his chemo because as he said, "I didn't have anything else going on."

7/16/2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger car&san said...

I am praying for you.I wish you will be strong inaf to anderstand and continuos fyting.Good Luck.(sorry , i don't now right in inglis very well)

7/16/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Mark Barry said...

OOOXXXOOOx < that was a little one for good measure.

7/17/2005 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Tana. Thanks again for keeping us all up to date. Thinking about you often and always wishing and praying for nothing but the best for you. We miss your smiling face here, but soooo love the mohawk pictures. Not to give you any ideas,Tana, but when my 25 year old son had chemo treatments and lost all his hair, he had a HUGE OM sign tattooed on the left side of his head. Now, (he'll be 39 this year)I have to pick up his hair now and again to make sure the OM is still there. It is and his health is wonderful and the treatments and cancer are but a vague memory. I wish the same for you,

Namaste, Jean at GBYC

7/19/2005 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home