Time marches on
Yesterday, July 31st 2005, we had a memorial service for Dad at our church, and it was amazing. There were people lined up all the way down the sidewalk outside of the church to visit. When the service began, the church was packed with many friends and loved ones who were there to show their love and support for Dad and our family. I want to say an enormous thank you from me and on behalf of my entire family, for everyone's love and prayers through your presence there and from far away as well. We are all very grateful and blessed to have you in our lives. We continue to mourn our loss, and work through this process of grief. There is no time limit on such a journey, but we know we are not alone.
On thursday, I had my first treatment of taxol. It went very well. It was the first cycle of this drug for me, I will have it 3 more times. The side effects of this chemo drug are neuropathy (numbness/tingling in the hands or feet), muscle pain, and allergic reaction. Their biggest concern seems to be the allergic reaction. The other stuff, if it happens, will go away. Because they had seen as many as 6 or 7 cases of allergic reaction in the week prior to my treatment, they are now requiring that everyone getting taxol must schedule treatment for 6 hours. That way they can administer it slowly and there's less of a chance of that occurring. So with the anti nausea drugs before and the taxol, the treatment took about 5 and 1/2 hours. I'm happy to report no allergic reaction. It's been an emotionally taxing week but I'm rockin' and rollin' through treatment, only 3 more rounds of chemo to go! My next treatment is August 11th and I'm hoping to have absolutely nothing noteworthy to say until then. (smile)
You always hear about the roller coaster of life, it's just a ride, right? Well, I'm hanging on, thanks for riding along.

3 Comments:
My sister is a very amazing person. I love her and support her with all of my heart. It's been a tough week for me and my entire family. The memories, laughter and tears will keep us close although we are apart. And in those cherished memories collected through the years, the love we all shared with our husband and father will live on within our hearts.
Mom, Sharon and Tana...I love you all!!!
Keith
Tana,
I have been out of town and just heard about your Dad from your blog. You were so lucky to have had him for so long and I know you must treasure all of your memories. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
Merle
Tana,I've just cought up on your blog. My deepest love goes out to you ..it's been a very hard road for you. Your strenth,courage and love are greatly admired. Love Karah
Post a Comment
<< Home