My Dad
On thursday, July 21st, my Dad went into the hospital for major surgery. He was having a large abdominal aneurysm repaired and there was a mass found on his right kidney, so they decided to take the right kidney at the same time. Needless to say, I was very worried about this surgery, it was 7 hours long, my Dad is 73 years old. He came out of the surgery and was responding well. The only troubling thing was that his left kidney was not working. He went through a lot so there was still hope that the left kidney would start to kick in. On friday night, he went into cardiac arrest. They brought him back, which they said was a miracle, but he had been without a heartbeat for as long as 10 to 15 minutes. He is now on a respirator and dialysis among other things, he's heavily sedated and non responsive. Last night they were going to start to back off of the sedation to see what, if any, response there is. His body is still with us, but at this point we don't know if he has chosen to stay or go on. Should there be any other complications, there will be no heroics to save his life. This is the way he wants it. We have said our Goodbyes, with many, many tears that are still flowing as I type this to you. Right now, we're in limbo and I must say it is excruciating. I've always dreaded the day when my parents health was in jeopardy and I know that many of you reading this are familiar with this pain. Today is another day and I don't know what's in store for my family but we are together and we love each other and we love my Dad so we pray that we all find peace.
I have treatment on thursday, I'll be back to update everything when I can. I know your prayers are still with me, I feel them, thank you.

6 Comments:
Tana,
With tears in my eyes I send you this note of love and my prayers will be with you and you're family for straight during this time. My husband and I just went through something similar 2 years ago with my father in law and I know that it is hard.
Gods grace be with you.
Love,
Gloria Welker
Tana,
You are not alone, as I'm sure by now, you've discovered. Those of us who have lost someone dear to us share your pain and sorrow.
Your Dad is in very good hands and God is already taking good care of him. I pray that you sense His care over you as well as you stand by your Dad and wait.
May God's grace and peace guard your heart and mind as you wait for more news.
Pastor Bruce
Tana,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very sad time. I understand your heartache, I lost my father through similar circumstances. Take comfort in your faith to help you get through the days ahead.
Love, Maja
Tana,
The children wanted me to express how sorry they were to hear about your dad's condition. They said that they enjoyed meeting your dad and the family over the 4th, and were truly shocked to hear this sad news. Their thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love, Maja
Tana,
God is ready to welcome your father with love and open arms. It is so hard to lose a loved one- prayers for comfort and strength go out to you and your family. May you all feel God's peace.
Love,
Denise Garner
TANA, WE HAVE BEEN MUCH IN PRAYER FOR YOUR DAD, YOURSELF AND ALL OF YOUR FAMILY. WE LOVE YOU ALL.
GAIL AND CLARENCE
Post a Comment
<< Home