Seven down.................
.......one to go! The end of chemotherapy is near and the anticipation builds daily. I had my 7th treatment on thursday the 25th. My blood counts were all good and my platelets had gone up from last time, so treatment went smoothly.
More good news is that when I saw Dr. Tabatabai, my oncologist, just before chemo he said that he would make a recommendation for radiation. I told him that the surgeon just took care of that and he asked me when the appointment was set for. When I told him, he said there was no reason to wait that long, I should be able to start earlier so he got on the phone and moved my consult up to Septmeber 21st. Hey, the earlier I start the earlier I finish. I have a feeling I will be doing the traditional 5-6 weeks of daily radiation. Early in my blog I said that the surgeon mentioned an intense form of radiation that lasts a week and has to do with planting seeds in the area, but that has not been mentioned again. It's probably too late for that and might mean another surgical procedure, which I'd like not to have. I'm just speculating right now, I haven't read up on the radiation in detail yet, I'm just trying to get through chemo. One day at a time, you know?
I'm set to do my last chemo treatment on September 8th. After that I'll do a little jig, and get ready for a little par-tay, haha, or maybe a big one!

3 Comments:
I'll mark Sept. 8th as "quit chemo day" and drink a glass of champagne to your health. You're remarkable!
Susan
Good Good News!!!
Glad your blood counts look good.
You sure are pulling off that blad head well....
Ton's of Love!
Pam
Love you Tana and I am ready to celebrate next weekend with you!!!!! Partee on sista!
Love you so much!
Melissa
Post a Comment
<< Home