Monday, June 20, 2005

Hair today, Gone Tomorrow!

Actually, it's all gone now. I only had the mohawk long enough to make the neighbor kids jealous. One little boy has been begging his mom for the last 2 years, haha!
You hear people say how liberating it is to shave your head and you really have to wonder. Well I can confirm that it's true. There is quite an unusual sense of freedom about it and it kind of feels good. I thought I'd be traumatized, but I wasn't! It was much more traumatic to see my hair on my pillow, in the sink, the shower, on my clothes, the floor. Believe me, it was time and I'm ok with it. My head is smooth, shiny and clean now and I'm still feeling good from chemo #2. Leaving you with a thought for the day.....
HAIR - it's over rated. (smile)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tana,
i am so glad to hear you are getting along so well with the chemo. that is great news. the mohawk with the piece sign is a nice touch & i am sure you will be glad you have all of the pictures to look back on when you are back to 100%, which will be here before you know it. you are an amazing woman & an inspiration to all!
namaste,
connie

6/20/2005 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TANA!!!!
Holy crap your mohawk is AMAZING!!! Only you would do something that wild. And I'm really digging that peace sign. How did u get that on there?????? I hope all is well! I love youuu!!

Love always
Emily (sues daughter)

6/20/2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger Mark Barry said...

hairlarious!

6/21/2005 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tana,

God Bless you,

You are my hero.....if this was to ever happen to me, I would only hope that I would have your attitude and look as good as you do with that mohawk...cuz I think I could do that! I might have to color it purple though. Hey, it's only temporary...why not see what you would look like with some Kool-Aid Grape colored hair????

Peggy

6/21/2005 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tana bananna,

Oh my god you are hilarious!! That Mohawk is the bomb. You look great!! Keep it going Tana you are such an inspiration.

Thinking about you all the time.

Robin

6/22/2005 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim Fw'd your blogger to me. Thank God for the super information highway! You're amazing spirit is shining! Miss you on the beach for Yoga. I'm in Jupiter,FL - still doing my yoga on the beach. Sending you my prayers and blessings Tana! LOVE this connection!
Namaste and Love,
Kate from OC

6/23/2005 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tana, YOU ARE A HOOT!!!!!
I am so glad to hear everything is going so well! As well as it could be at least! You are truly an inspiration!!!
Take care girlfriend, missed ya at Nicole's shower!
Jennifer (Ratz) in case there are others...

6/23/2005 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME MOHAWK!!!! I COULD HAVE NOT DONE IT BETTER MYSELF. KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE. SEE YA SOON. DUANE

6/24/2005 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still as beautiful as ever. You have a wonderful spirit. Continue the good work. M.E.

6/24/2005 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman- You are a trip!!!
Just got home from Disney.
Your sprit is contagious.
Won't complain about a bad hair day ever again.
Kiss,Kiss.
Pam

6/26/2005 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on sister...now you get to try every hairstyle you ever wanted when your hair grows back!! The mohawk was great. I'll be your personal stylist. I love you! Karah

6/28/2005 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home