And then there were two.......
Thursday August 11th I did my second treatment of Taxol. This means I have six treatments of my eight behind me and only two more to go! I'm still holding up well. My white and red blood cells are both up. With the help of the Aranesp shot that boosts my reds, I feel like I finally have some energy again. It's a good feeling. It was a close call for treament this time however. My platelets have been dropping as treament goes on, this is not unusual. Your platelets are what helps to clot your blood. There's nothing I can do to control it. They have steadily dropped but they actually went up for a couple of treatments too. Even so they have a cut off where, if you drop below the number they will not treat you. They would postpone it until they could do the blood count again. Had my number been one point lower, they would have turned me away. But I was lucky and got to be treated. Whew. Let's hope I stay on schedule from here on out. So far I haven't been bothered by the side effects from this chemo such as mouth sores, neuropathy and muscle pain, and allergic reaction. I am noticing some indigestion. This is not something I am normally bothered by, but I find myself hiccuping and feeling like there's something in my throat. It feels like when you take a pill that doesn't go down quite right and feels lodged. It's a feeling that comes and goes. I can live with it.
I want to thank you all once again, for your outpouring of love and support for myself and my family as we work through the process of grief. For every card you've sent, every flower or plant, every email or phone call, every thought you've had for us is genuinely appreciatead, felt and cherished. You've all been there for me through all I've been dealing with and my love is sent back to you ten fold, I hope you can feel it too.
My next treatment is scheduled for thursday August 25th. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

3 Comments:
dearest tana,
you say you see the light at the end of the tunnel. for so many of us, YOU are that light.
love you!
cindy
OOOXXXOOO
Hey Sweetie,
So glad you can see the light!!
We are coming home for the fair.
Love to try and get together.
Tons of Love,
Pam
Post a Comment
<< Home