Wednesday, October 19, 2005

So far so good

I did my tenth treatment this morning. Everything is going well so far. I'm still not experiencing any side effects from radiation. In case I didn't mention it before, I went with the tattoos. They are so tiny they are not even noticeable, there's only three.
The fuzz on my head is getting thicker every day. It won't be too long before I set my head free and stop wearing do rags. What's really odd is that I started losing eyelashes toward the very end of chemo and now have barely any at all. Same with the eyebrows. They seem to have gotten extremely sparce but it didn't happen until chemo was over.
I still have the neuropathy in my hands and I'm told that could take a very long time to go away.
The good news is that even though I still have somewhat of an odd taste in my mouth from time to time, I'm tasting my food better. So all in all, life is good. I'll keep you posted as I continue radiation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love You Dears. You are my inspiration.

10/20/2005 3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered when you'd get your taste sensation back. Just think how delicious Thanksgiving dinner will be.MMMMMMMMMM!
Susan

10/23/2005 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tana,
Glad to hear everything is going well. Keep up all that positive energy and I will send you some too. When my sister's hair grew back after chemo it went from thin, straight, and strawberry blonde to very thick, very curly, and red! So you never know what you will get except your hair dryer free days will be over!

10/26/2005 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kiddo! So very glad to hear you're doing as well as you are. No surprise there. We were in MI last weekend and all the "little" girls say "hi".
Can't wait to see your pretty hair again... not that your bald head isn't pretty!!! Take care - Love, jer/jan

10/26/2005 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie:
Happy November.Glad to hear you're
side effect free so far. Emma had
a fun Halloween.Miss you Tons!!!
Love,
Pammy

11/01/2005 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home