Saturday, May 21, 2005

Tests, tests, and more tests

I've met with both oncologists and have chosen to continue my care with Dr. Tabatabai. He is excellent, a very compassionate man. I really liked and felt comfortable with both doctors, but this is the decision I've made. I received more good news. I mentioned that my tumor was not estrogen receptive. There was another test done on another kind of receptor called Her2nue. If I was Her2 receptive, I would have been required to take another intravenous drug (hercepton) for a whole year. It's not a chemo drug, but it's still a drug that would require more therapy and I don't need it! That's a big woo hoo! So as I mentioned in the previous post, I have a Muga scan, a chest and abdominal CT and now a bone scan, all to be done this coming week. The following week, I have a chemo class. Not near as much fun as a yoga class, dance class or art class I'm sure, but necessary none the less. I'm sure I'll find out a lot about what I'm about to go through and how to deal with it. I begin chemotherapy on thursday June 2nd. I will have eight rounds of chemo starting the 2nd and then every other week on thursday. The first 4 rounds will take 2 hours, the last 4 will take 5 hours as there will be a new drug added that needs to be administered very slowly. So that's good news for my wonderful students, and you know who you are, who have offered to come and sing and dance and entertain me while I'm receiving treatments. Since I decided to go to Dr. #2 for treatment, there is much more space for your production. I saw the room and it is huge, you should have a pretty good audience, so get to work on those costumes, you still have time and I can't wait. I just want to say, once again, thank you all so much for your constant love and support as I take this journey. I will keep writing to you to let you know what's happening and how I'm doing, after all you are taking this journey with me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are rolling regarding your treatment. You will be in ship shape in no time!!!! My thoughts are with you always!!!

5/22/2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your mom and dad Sunday at Megan's wedding. I am glad to hear some good news is coming your way. Oh and on the singing.... remember when I could sing back in church choir? well, I can't anymore and it would set your recovery back weeks!! take care!

Scott

5/23/2005 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll parachute in for a litle tap dance number. I'm so glad that you are on your way to putting all this behind you. I'm thinking of you everyday!!! Love karah

5/24/2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger Mark Barry said...

how about a spring butterfly dance. i'll wear tights when i shed my cacoon since it's in a hospital setting. (or not).

5/26/2005 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep checking in on you girl. I think about you often and miss you!

Cindy K.

5/31/2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home