Hello and Ouch!
Well, surgery wasn't all that bad, anesthesia creates amnesia and that was perfect! Jack and everyone I spoke to when I got home were somewhat amazed at how coherent I was, actually. It was an all day event. Even though the surgery was just under 2 hours, I was there from 11:00 until 5:30-6:00. Recovery post op went smooth, I didn't feel nauseous. Jack said that the first thing I said was "Is that big needle still sticking in me?" (the one they put in so Dr. Mudge could locate the tumor, it was weird) and not long after that I said, "Ok, I'm hungry." I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before.
I have great range of motion in my arm and shoulder (thank you yoga), but whoa, am I sore. The armpit chest area is the worst. There is an incision there where the lymph nodes are located and a small one on the breast where the tumor was. I'm using ice and Tylenol 3 which is what was prescribed. I think the soreness will get a bit worse before it gets better because I'm still feeling a bit numb at the armpit. That should wear off today. Simple things like pulling on my pants is slightly uncomfortable because of this soreness. You don't realize all of the muscles you engage when you use your arms. Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm doing well and largely that is due to your thoughts and prayers. I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon next week and will be able to find out all the options for treatment. I know that I'm in good hands and in God's hands. Thanks for checking in on me.
Tana

1 Comments:
You're the woman!!! Surgery sounds like it went well with no surprises. I was at Apple Hill on Tuesday for my first mammogram after my year of treatments. I peeked in Mudge's office but I was too early apparently (9:30). I thought I might even see you being wheeled around with the big needle poking out. Was that weird or what? We are all so glad that our prayers have been answered. You're gonna do great. And more good news; I got an A+ from the radiologist. Get some rest. love and namaste', bev
Post a Comment
<< Home