Monday, May 16, 2005

Moving on

I got good news from the pathology report from surgery #2. Dr. Mudge got it all! Whew. I went to see her today. She checked out my tumor incision and the port incisions and they are looking good. She actually drained a fair amount of fluid from my left breast, it should feel better and heal a little quicker now. I have to admit that the area where there port is is still a little uncomfortable, but this too shall pass.
I have seen one oncologist and will see another on friday for a second opinion. The first oncologist has scheduled me for a Muga scan, which is to check out my heart. Chemo drugs can be hard on the heart. I am also scheduled for a chest and abdominal CT. This is all to be done on Monday the 23rd. I've been to more appointments in the last month and a half than I have been to in the last 10 years! The first oncologist has scheduled me to start chemo soon. I will share more details about that later, I would like to see what the second oncologist has to say first. I will see him this friday morning. Until then, I'm back to teaching this week and I'm looking forward to it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl, Tana!
Second opinions: good
Doctors' reports: better
Healing nicely: great
Back to class: PRICELESS!!!

See you TOMORROW :-)
Cindy

5/16/2005 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tan.
Been thinking of you all week.
Glad you are healing,Keep that port site extra clean,don't need an infection. Happy to hear your
teaching.John and Emm's send hugs.
Love you,Pam

5/16/2005 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Love you Tana,

You are an inspiration to all of us! God Bless you! You will get thru this and be stronger than you are now. Imagine that?!

Robin

5/16/2005 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you always, glad to hear the good news. Love, Maja

5/17/2005 6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to hear they got it all!! We're praying for you always! Really happy to hear you'll be back to work too!

Hugs and kisses from all of us- especially Tasia, Adam and Ben! (Tasia's hug is huge- she really misses you!)
Love, Terri

5/17/2005 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, glad to hear the good news. You deserved some! Thinking of you lots and my boys say hi!

Love, Scott

5/18/2005 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home