No sweat
Today's surgery went well. I went in around 9:30 and Jack said I was in surgery about an hour and 15 minutes. Once I got to recovery I had to wait to see if the xray showed that the port was in the right place and everything was ok. We got the word that my new companion found it's proper place in my right upper chest and I was good to go. I was home by lunch time. So the incision on my left breast that was re-opened today is sore, of course, as it wasn't completely healed from the first surgery. And the port incision is also sore, but as of right now I don't know to what extent because it is also still numb. I'll see Dr. Mudge again on monday for a follow up and hopefully the pathology will tell us that it is time to move on to the next step. In the mean time I have a consultation with the oncologist, and hopefully I'll have some idea of my recommended course of chemotherapy. It will be weeks until that begins, nothing is definite right now. I will continue to keep you updated on my progress and how I am feeling. Thanks for caring, it means so much.

12 Comments:
What a relief!! You are one STRONG WOMAN!! Your strength and positive attitude is going to get you through this. My love and postive thoughts are on a constant flow to you.
Love ya,
Fran
Glad to hear all went well. I enjoy reading your comments, you have a special way of lightening up even a difficult situation. That positive attitude and engery will most certainly get you through all this. Love, Maja
You are awesome! You are such an inspiration! Keep smiling!
Namaste!
Love,
Amy Snook
I looked for you yesterday at
Apple Hill....I had my mammogram
yesterday!!! You have a wonderful
attitude and you are soooo
positive - YES - That is the way
to fight!! Take good care of
yourself my frien!!
xxoo - jd
I've been following your progress and hoping for the best. I miss you and the girls in class, hope we're all together soon. Stay positive, I'm pulling for you!
Jane
I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. You are a true teacher..not only in yoga class but in real life as well. You are a shining example of how a positive attitude can get you thru some very rough situations.
Thanks for this lesson as well as the breathing and stretching.
Susan Pilgrim
Hang in there Tana. I am sure with your strength and perserverance all will be fine. Take Care
Cindy
(Dr. London's Office)
Hang in there, girl! Ned and I will continue to keep you in our prayers! Love, Brenda
Tana: We miss you in class on Tuesday evenings. I am glad you are holding up so well with all that's happening. It's a lot to deal with on every level. My attitude was not to even think anything but postivie thoughts, and here I am many years later, doing just fine. My thoughts are with you daily. Hillary
We're so glad to hear that your surgery went well. You are a very strong person,keep thinking positive thoughts.
You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Dan and Colleen
Glad to hear all went well.Your positive attitude us going to get you through this.
You are an inspiration!
Jana
I'll be back. Take a look at www.innertalk.com for some great positive attitude tools.
Post a Comment
<< Home