All dogs go to heaven
Yesterday one year ago was the day that we lost our beloved Joe dog. There were moments when I looked at Jet and thought how much he looks like Joe, my emotions were mixed with moments of sadness and also great joy. I would get a lump in my throat and watery eyes and then Jet would do something silly and make me laugh or something that he shouldn't be doing and make me yell. haha. He is really helping to ease the pain of that terrible day, I'm so happy to have him!
I saw Bindi Irwin last night on tv and I am in awe of this amazing little girl. I think last year was so sad because the same day we lost Joe, she lost her Dad and that is a loss that runs very deep. It's hard to get past the loss of a parent. I think I'll always have a dog, but there is only one Mom and one Dad. It was unfortunate that she didn't know her Dad very long, but she is determined to continue his work and make him proud. Her outlook on life is something to be admired, she is 9 years old. We have a lot of teachers in our lives and we can never know who they will be. They shape our lives in the most unexpected ways.
I'm enjoying some time at the beach and right now Jet is laying on his back spread eagle playing with a toy, he's trying to say, "Get off the computer! Come play with me! Don't waste another second!" He's a great teacher too.......... Gotta go! : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home