Tuesday, August 01, 2006

HOLY HEAT WAVE!

Whew! It's gettin' hot in here! Now this is what summer is all about. It's hard to think about this summer and not reflect on last year. Last summer was full of chemotherapy and the unfortunate passing of my dad. We're all hanging in there pretty good, even mom, and I have to think that she has it the hardest with that whole deal. But the cool thing is that we have each other and we have a tremendous amount of loving support from so many. So what else is there to do? Well, we make time to do the things that summer affords us. Jack and I have been enjoying the beach with our friends and family and boating as much as we can. This weekend is girls trip, highly anticipated all year long. So not much to say in this post but that I am doing my best to keep on keepin' on. Later this month I go for blood work and then a check up with my onocologist in early September. I'm feeling pretty good. Aches and pains are part of life, I mean who doesn't have those? When I would feel something bugging me that hurt, I used to always say, "oh well, it could be worse, it could be cancer." And then it was cancer. Now that the cancer is gone, I'm back to the same way I felt before......aches and pains, ok whatever, I've been through worse. Stay active, practice yoga, get massages.....have a cocktail! haha.
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Barry said...

rum cherry snow cone, yumm!

8/02/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
Just wanted to say Hi!!
Been thinking of you....
Miss and Love you,
Pammy

8/21/2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home