Summer Rocks!
I love summer. June is a great month. This year in June I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary and my 40th birthday! That was all great fun, I was surprised by my friends, who traveled to the beach to celebrate with me. An enormous thank you goes out to Jack for making it a wonderful birthday for me.
The check up with the surgeon, Dr. Mudge, went well. I'm also feeling more and more like I own my body again. While going through therapy there's a sense of having no control over what's happening to your body and how it is changing. I was uncomfortable with the weight gain that comes along with steriod usage. I'm fully aware that the steroids are what kept me from becoming ill while going through chemo. But even being mindful about my diet could not stop the weight gain and feeling of being puffy. I'm now closer to my comfortable weight and happy to be there. My surgery scars are also fading. I'm still babying my thumb/wrist, but hope in time that will only be a memory.
As July approaches memories of last summer are present. I was in full swing with chemotherapy and doing pretty well. We lost dad last July and that still hurts.... a lot. While cancer treatment memories will soon fade away, memories of a life time with my Dad will not. Emotions run deep on that subject. It makes me feel even more grateful and blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. There are lessons to be learned from the difficult times in your life and change is imminent. All you can do is ride it out. If you can ride it out with a smile......even better.
Enjoy the sunshine!

1 Comments:
I love your view on how life works. It can really throw you some curves.But as they say life does go on and we must to. Love ya!
Barb A
Post a Comment
<< Home