Fall? Already? Really?
Well it's been the middle of summer since my last post, tomorrow is the first day of Fall. Since I last posted, I've spent every weekend at the beach with family and friends and also the week after the 4th of July and the week after Labor day. I'm at the beach right now, so I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am blessed beyond belief. I saw my oncologist in mid August who told me that my blood work and tumor marker test all look normal. I am approaching the 3 year anniversary of the end of my cancer treatment. At this time 3 years ago I had just finished 3 months of chemo and was preparing to start my daily radiation for 33 days. I think I was even starting to show some fuzz on my head. It feels amazing to be where I am now, I don't know if I can explain it but every once and awhile it seems like none of that really happened to me.
In 2005 we had just returned from our "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" Magic yacht trip to the Bahamas only to have it confirmed that I had breast cancer. When I finally got through treatment we went to NYC to celebrate.
Just last week we got to revisit the Magic and ironically we were in NYC! The Magic is docked at Chelsea piers. We were invited by our friends to join them for a few fabulous days of the rock star treatment once again. (see...blessed I tell ya) We were celebrating the fact that this time while on the boat, I am cancer free! It was a reflective journey in more ways than one. We sailed the Hudson and East rivers on this beautiful yacht and when the sun went down we were awed by the spectacular view of the city skyline at night and the 9/11 twin towers tribute lights.
We've come a long way baby.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home