Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The latest

My surgeon (Dr. Mudge) called last night while I was at class and talked to Jack. She didn't have my MRI films in front of her but she was reading to him from the report. She said the report said that there was an indeterminate area on my right breast. My tumor is on the left. She said that MRI's are very complex and she needed to read it with a radiologist. When I was originally diagnosed, they had me stop my birth control pills that very day. This brings the period on early. She said she wanted me to wait until my period came and on the first day, start with 1 and then count out 10 days and have the MRI after that. She said if we don't wait there will most likely be a lot of false positives. When I went to see Dr. Mudge 2 days later, they sent me for ultrasound the very next day. Jack talked to Dr. Mudge again this morning while I was at class and she had Dr. Robinson (don't know him, but Mudge said he's a very cool guy) read my MRI with her. He felt that whatever is showing up is most likely more biological than anything else (because of not waiting until after my cycle) but that he would do an ultrasound on it to see if anything shows up. If it shows up on ultrasound, they will biopsy it. I'm trying to be optimistic about that, but you know I've heard that "it's probably nothing" before. And it turned out to be malignant. So I hope that it is a false reading, but if it's not, at least we'll know that too and can take care of that as well. Mudge said that this could possibly delay my surgery, Ugh. So, I'm waiting for Susan to call me with some times to see Dr. Robinson, I haven't heard from her as of yet. I'll let you know what's happening whenever I know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in with you girl! We love ya! Thinking about you often! The kids have been asking about you too. Sorry that the summer slipped by so quickly!
Love, Lisa, Gary, Justin and Ty

10/23/2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home